The all-new Dodge Durango was completely re-engineered from the top down and includes boatloads of performance.
Key towing highlights:
- V6 towing - up to 6,200 lben_when_properly_equipped
- Up to 7,400 lb towing capacity en_when_properly_equipped with 5.7L HEMI ® V8
- Standard trailer sway controlen_always_drive_carefully
- Available all-wheel-drive system
- Fully-independent suspension
In order to increase capability for high-load applications including trailer-towing, V6 test engines were subjected to a substantial 50-percent increase in severity testing versus previous V6 engines
Trailer Sway Control Video
- Properly secure all cargo.Tons of Towing
The all-new Dodge Durango offers trailer tow capability of up to 6,200 pounds on models equipped with the V6 engineen_always_drive_carefully. Equip your Durango (RWD) with the legendary 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine and you're ready for loads of up to 7,400 poundsen_always_drive_carefully (7,200 pounds with AWD).
The trailer tow group IV includes:
- Class IV receiver hitch
- 7 and 4 pin wiring harness
- Heavy-duty cooling
- Rear load leveling suspension
- 220 amp alternator
- Full-size spare tire
- Steel spare wheel
- Tow/ Haul switch
Push the TOW / HAUL button for improved towing performance during trailer towing, heavy-load hauling or driving in mountainous areas. The TOW / HAUL mode inhibits fifth gear and allows upshifts to fourth during higher speed / lighter load conditions (V8 only) .